We have done the DFS homework for you, and here are is our breakdown for Saturday’s slate of games in college football. We are using DraftKings numbers, so you have $50,000 to pick 8 players ($6,250 AVG). We are specifically targeting the CFB $150K Saturday Kickoff Main Event $50K to 1st contest ($20 entry).
- Wake Forest at Clemson
- Florida St at Boston College
- Iowa st at Oklahoma
- Texas at West Virginia
- Purdue at Northwestern
- Michigan St at Ohio State
- Rutgers at Penn St
- Illinois at Iowa
- Georgia Tech at Notre Dame
- Arkansas at Alabama
- SMU at Cincinnati
- Virginia at Pitt
- Michigan at Maryland
- Nebraska at Wisconsin
Sam Hartman (Wake Forest) $10,300 – I could never pay this much for a QB, and Hartman has a tough match-up vs Clemson. Stay away.
Brennan Armstrong (Virginia) $10,000 – Check the injury report. Nobody is sure Armstrong will be playing. Even if he plays, I’m not paying this much for a QB.
Caleb Williams (Oklahoma) $9,900 – Williams’ price tag is too much for me, and if he struggles, Spencer Rattler could replace him. I’m avoiding him this week.
Bryce Young (Alabama) $9,800 – Young is averaging 28.2 FPPG. This price is still too high for me, and I’ll look elsewhere for a QB.
C.J. Stroud (Ohio St) $9,500 – I love this match-up for Stroud. MSU is vulnerable through the air, and he could easily get you 25+ points.
Kenny Pickett (Pitt) $9,100 – Pickett has a great match-up vs a vulnerable Hoos defense. And if Brennan Armstrong plays they could get into a shootout.
Desmond Ridder (Cincinnati) $8,900 – Ridder has a good match-up vs SMU, and if Jerome Ford is out, he might have to carry the load.
Best Value Plays
- Jordan Travis (Florida St) $7,000
- Payton Thorne (Michigan St) $7,000
- Brock Purdy (Iowa St) $6,900
- Casey Thompson (Texas) $6,800
- Jack Coan (Notre Dame) $6,400
Travis and Purdy are my favorite plays of this group.
- Aidan O’Connell (Purdue) $6,200
- Sean Clifford (Penn St) $6,000
- DJ Uiagalelei (Clemson) $5,900
- Jarret Doege (West Virginia) $5,200
- Phil Jurkovec (Boston College) $4,500
- Jay Woolfolk (Virginia) $4,500
Jurkovec is an absolute must play at this price. If Armstrong is out, Woolfolk could have a nice game.
Breece Hall (Iowa St) $9,400 – Hall is always an excellent play. But at this price, he needs to get you 40+ points, and that won’t happen this week.
Kenneth Walker III (Michigan St)$9,200 – Ohio State will do everything they can to slow down Walker, and at this price, I’m going to look elsewhere.
Brian Robinson Jr (Alabama) $9,000 – Robinson Jr is averaging 25.5 FPPG. This is a game he could see exceed that total. I like the match-up and game script.
Braelon Allen (Wisconsin) $8,600 – Allen has been on fire the last six weeks. Expect him to continue the great play vs Nebraska.
Treveyon Henderson (Ohio St) $8,500 – Henderson is an excellent play every week no matter the match-up and in a game that could be high scoring, expect him to do well.
Jerome Ford (Cincinnati) $8,400 – Ford missed last weeks game, so check the injury report. If he plays, I love his match-up.
Kyren Williams (Notre Dame) $8,000 – Williams is one of my favorite RB plays because of the match-up and price.
Hassan Haskins (Michigan) $7,600 – If Blake Corum is out again this week, then I’ll have Haskins in all of my lineups.
Best Value Plays
- Kennedy Brooks (Oklahoma) $7,400
- Jashaun Corbin (Florida St) $6,800
- Will Shipley (Clemson) $6,700
- Leddie Brown (West Virginia) $6,200
- King Doerue (Purdue) $4,500
- Roschon Johnson (Texas) $3,800
Bijan Robinson is out for the season and Johnson could fill in as RB1.
Jahan Dotson (Penn St) $8,400 – Dotson has been great all season and should have a good game vs Rutgers.
Jaxon Smith Njigba (Ohio St) $7,900, Garrett Wilson (Ohio St) $6,800 & Chris Olave (Ohio St) $6,400 – All three players have a great match-up vs Michigan State. The question is which one, or possibly two, have huge games.
Jameson Williams (Alabama) $7,700 & John Metchie III (Alabama) $7,400 – I like both of these plays this week because of the upside and the price is very reasonable.
Best Value Plays
- Alec Pierce (Cincinnati) $7,600
- Xavier Hutchinson (Iowa St) $7,500
- David Bell (Purdue) $7,300
- Xavier Worthy (Texas) $7,200
- Jordan Addison (Pitt) $7,100
- Treylon Burks (Arkansas) $7,000
- Jayden Reed (Michigan St) $6,500
- Kevin Austin Jr (Notre Dame) $5,900
- Michael Mayer (Notre Dame) $5,600
- Marcus Washington (Texas) $4,900
- Beaux Collins (Clemson) $4,500
- Charlie Kolar (Iowa St) $4,500
- Jaelen Gill (Boston College) $4,000
- Milton Wright (Purdue) $3,900
- Jeremy Ruckert (Ohio St) $3,700
- QB: Phil Jurkovec $4,500
- RB: Roschon Johnson $3,800
- RB: Hassan Haskins $7,600
- WR: Beaux Collins $4,500
- WR: Jordan Addison $7,100
- WR: David Bell $7,300
- Flex: Brian Robinson Jr $9,000
- SuperFlex: Aidan O’Connell $6,200